ePassport and eVisa industry research findings
A new report by Acuity – “The Global ePassport and eVisa industry Report - has now been completed. The authors have released some its findings below:
- Together ePassport and eVisa markets will reach nearly $11 billion in annual revenue by the end of 2014 with an annual CAGR of 27.49%.
- The ePassport market accounted for 73% of the total market in 2009 with revenue market share dropping to 67% by 2014.
- The ePassport market is also larger in terms of credentials volume with 61 million issued in 2009 growing to 130 million by 2014. EVisa issuance grows from nearly 14 million to just 61 million during the same period.
- Europe dominated the markets in 2009 with more than 53% market share. However, this market dominance shifts to Asia by 2014, growing from 17% to 35% over the 2009 to 2014 timeframe while Europe’s share drops to 35% during this period.
- The ongoing development and production of a secure ePassport and eVisa infrastructures will provide sustainable market opportunities as countries stabilize existing programs, continually incorporate new document and IT security features, update and replace aging equipment, and re-issue documents and reengineer processes in five to ten year cycles.
- By 2014, the Top 10 ePassport issuing countries will account for 77 million documents representing a 59% market share of global ePassport issuing volume. These same Top 10 countries will account for $2.7 billion in revenue representing 58% of global ePassport market revenue.
- The 2014 Top 10 ePassport issuing nations in rank order will be India, US, China, Brazil, UK, Philippines, Japan, France, Canada, and Indonesia.
- The eVisa market share represented by the Top 10 issuing countries is even greater with 56 million documents representing a startling 93% of the total volume and $2.6 billion in revenue representing 73% of global eVisa issuing revenue in 2014.
- The 2014 Top 10 eVisa issuing nations in rank order will be China, Australia, US, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Russia, Italy, and Finland.
- The ePassport market will reach sustainable annual revenues of more than $7 billion by the end of 2014, with a CAGR of 25.28% from 2009 through 2014.
- The strongest revenue growth will be in South America where the CAGR will reach 102.64%. Annual revenues will increase from a modest $13 million in 2009 to nearly $450 million in 2014 as South America’s market share expands from less than 1% to more than 6% of global revenues.
- The eVisa market, comprising hardware, software, and services related to the development and implementation of eVisa programs, is smaller but growing at a stronger CAGR of 32.84% over the 2009 to 2014 timeframe.
- In 2009, only nine countries were issuing eVisas. By 2014 the number increases to 66 with these 66 countries accounting for nearly 90% of the annually issued visas worldwide